My Finding Someplace Backpack

In a book called “Finding Someplace”, The main character is named Theresa but everyone calls her Reesie. In this book, Hurricane Katrina was happening.  She was at her neighbor’s house with her friend Mrs. Martine. All of a sudden the house started flooding so they went up to the attic.  Before she went to her neighbors she went to her house Reesie grabbed her backpack and put everything she would need in a hurricane. She put in important house papers, pictures, her grandma’s sewing machine, and some food.  After that she quickly headed to safety.

If I was in Reese’s situation, I would put in my backpack my phone, my phone charger, and batteries. I would also bring cookies, popcorn and just junk food.   I would also bring water, photos, money, a flashlight, passports, and a medical bag. I would bring my phone to call for help and just in case it dies I would bring my charger. I would bring batteries for my flashlight and bring my flashlight to see in the dark. I would bring junk food, because it doesn’t go bad. I would  also bring water to drink.  Another thing I would bring is  photos of my family to treasure and money to pay for things. And lastly, I would bring passports if someone needs to identify me and a medical bag in case I get hurt.  So to conclude I would bring everything that I treasure. If I really were in Reesie’s situation then I would bring all this stuff and take what I value the most.

One thought on “My Finding Someplace Backpack”

1. Louise-
    I would bring the same items! Especially my phone if there was a hurricane coming. I loved how you put into detail why you were bringing the item. Great Job!