Camp Hanes

Early Thursday morning, I stepped on a bus to head to King, Carolina for my Camp Hanes adventure.  As I was choosing where to sit on the bus, I was so excited to go to Camp Hanes. I sat next to my friend, and we had front row seats to the movie.   On the bus I really enjoyed singing songs with everyone.When we arrived at Camp Hanes, from the second I saw the volleyball net I knew this was gonna be a great trip. When we ate lunch, the food was delicious. After that while we were doing our activities,I learned that we were doing the hike and rock climbing next! After climbing walls and walking on a net, I couldn’t wait for the hike! The counselors were very nice and made sure that we had a fun time!  It was very steep on the hike but it was worth it when we got to the top!

While we were hiking, I loved talking to my friends, and making new ones.I really enjoyed team building,and I think it brought the group closer. Staying with friends was great!  When we got to the top on the hike, the view was magnificent.  I loved the food and on the first night I loved the chicken nuggets. Doing team building exercises was great and the counselors were super fun! I loved making new friends. I also was really happy when we learned that we were going to be in a cabin with the Stanbury advisory!

Thank you so much for letting us stay at Camp Hanes! We appreciate your hard work and hopefully we will come there again!

Thank you  for organizing everything,and making sure that we were safe and had fun. I think that the most important thing was teamwork!We overcame a lot of challenges such as teamwork and friendship. At first I was nervous to go to Camp Hanes but I think that this was the best DA trip.  We hope that you guys enjoyed having us!  Thank you!

One thought on “Camp Hanes”